Tuesday 5 March 2013

Hole-y Dough

Today I got my dough-craving hands on something that highlights just how versatile bread (or what we think of bread) is. I picked up some bagels for breakfast and realised that they are a perfect example of the duality and many facets of  the bread-canvas.


from left to right: Sesame Seed Bagel, Multigrain Bagel, Cinnamon Raisin Bagel

I enjoy a classic bagel embellished with either a type of seed/grain or dried fruit. Simple, no fuss but provides me with the shot of carbs that I'm after along with an added nutritious kick.
They're also not bad when holding together my favourite fillings; dare I admit to loving cheese and eggs squished in the middle and oozing out? Yes!

 
 
A Savoury bagel is great as it can quickly be developed into a filling lunch. Like assembling a puzzle, your favourite ingredients can be layered upwards creating a tower of deliciousness;  which if done right melts down into a mouth-watering, flavour-filled circle of holy perfection.
 
  
 
Breakfast is what prompted me to pop out to get a bagel today and during the week an easily prepared breakfast which incorporates some type of dough is a godsend for me. Toast with jam is a favourite but when I'm inclined to spend a little more time on preparation then slicing open a plump raisin-dotted bagel and smothering on the jam puts me in a great mood for the rest of the day.    
 
 
The Bread Loaver



No comments:

Post a Comment